Did you know exercise can help treat and prevent more than 40 chronic illnesses such as arthritis, heart disease, hypertension, depression and diabetes?
As the only medically based fitness facility in Visalia, we have educated, certified and experienced fitness professionals available to help you achieve your goals. Whether you are new to fitness or are continuing your journey to improved health and fitness, we can help guide you along the way. Exercise programs are designed specifically for your health and fitness needs with our complimentary medical pre-screening, fitness profile and program designs. At The Lifestyle Center we’ll get you started on the right path for YOU.
Please contact our membership department at (559) 624-3410 for more information on medically-based membership options.
Regular exercise has proven to be beneficial in preventing and managing a variety of health concerns such as heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis, arthritis and more.
Our Medical Continuation Referral Program encourages you to discuss the benefits of continued care through exercise with your physician or physical therapist. If exercise is appropriate for your condition you may be eligible to enroll in a one-time complimentary 30-day membership to experience how exercise can affect your medical condition. Please follow the instructions below to apply for our Medical Continuation Referral Program. Some restrictions may apply. Please speak with a membership representative for more information.
- Obtain a Medical Continuation Referral form from your therapist, physician or by clicking HERE.
- Talk to your doctor or therapist about your continuation of care through The Lifestyle Center. Identify any problems or focus areas.
- After discussing your options with your therapist or physician, have either sign this form and indicate any special precautions or instructions.
- Bring this referral into The Lifestyle Center and speak with a Membership Representative about your complimentary 30-Day membership.
- Make your commitment to health and fitness by joining The Lifestyle Center before your 30-Day complimentary membership is over to receive lowest joining fees offered.
If you are recovering from cancer treatments such as chemotherapy, exercise can be a safe, feasible intervention that can have a positive effect in alleviating many symptoms associated with cancer and its treatment such as cancer related fatigue.
• All Wellness Club members receive a complimentary 10 week membership.
• A Physician's Referral to the Wellness Club is required prior to enrolling. Click here for a medical referral form.
• Our certified Medical Assistants and Exercise Physiologists will meet with each Wellness Club member to provide personalized exercise programming specifically for those recovering from cancer.
For more information, please call The Lifestyle Center membership department at (559) 624-3410.
The scholarship program at The Lifestyle Center is for individuals with a medical and financial need. Appropriate diagnoses may include arthritis, morbid obesity (BMI # required), fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, COPD, CAPD, cardiac disorders and others as approved by The Lifestyle Center medical director. Space is limited on this program. Please see the membership department for more information.
To apply, bring the following information to The Lifestyle Center membership department:
• Physician referral and prescription requirements:
1. Any and all clinical diagnoses must be in writing (no coding)
2. Clearance for independent exercise
• Financial Information: (Bring proof of ALL income being received in the household. If you receive another form of income not specified below, please provide your documentation for consideration.)
o Most recent tax return or W-2 statement.
o Most recent Social Security or SSI benefits statement.
o Most recent 3 months of pay-stubs.
o Most recent 3 months of complete bank statements.
Upon qualifying, the participant will receive:
• Full membership privileges
• Sliding scale for monthly dues per income
• Evaluation by an exercise physiologist with follow-up evaluations as needed
• Program Design (if resistance training is appropriate for diagnosis)
In order to maintain the scholarship, the participant must utilize The Lifestyle Center at least three days per week, acute illness excluded. Lack of utilization and/or failure to pay reduced monthly dues will result in being discharged from the program.